Saturday, May 19, 2007

Round Here


Round Here, originally uploaded by twelvebitphoto.

This is a wall that obviously needs a door. Taken in an alley in Taylor, Texas. Just before I took this photo a guy in a truck stopped and asked, rather aggressively, just why I was taking pictures. He didn't ask what I was taking pictures of, but "why" I was taking them.

This is one of those questions that can't be answered for anyone who has to ask, but, foolishly, I tried. In retrospect, it would have been smarter to make up a story, like, "I'm scouting movie locations," or, "a real estate developer hired me to find a spot for a new mall." Somebody who stops his truck to ask a question like this isn't looking for enlightenment, he's just looking for some way to feel good about himself.

1 comment:

REALJimBob said...

How about "The voices told me too..."